Thursday, September 6, 2018

Rungkut's Okayest Chicken Wings

Today is day three without gas. I had me a bowl of fiber for brunch, which consisted of two honey star fruits, two bananas, a handful of leftover papaya, and a handful of green grapes. It was enough to stuff my tummy for a few hours, but then I started craving for some meat.

The only place I know in Surabaya that serves good chicken wings is Holy Wings, but it's located so far away from where I live (about an hour and a half drive to the city). Nu-uh. There's no way I'm going to drive myself there. My lazy butt even lacks the motivation to go to the bathroom. I decided to settle for the okayest chicken wings in Rungkut that I can find in the Go-Jek application.

It goes by the name Crazy Wings, only 7.5km away from my crib. There ain't much dish that you can chose from the menu other than chicken wings and rice bowl topped with chicken. I went for the Original Chicken Wings and the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings. Each of the dishes costed me Rp30.000,00, then I had to pay another Rp19.000,00 for the delivery fee.

I got a bit cranky from waiting. It took so long for my food to arrive I even got the chance to finish 3/4 of this horror movie I just download, Veronica. And, when the Go-Food guy arrived with my chicken wings, I was given a plastic bag decorated with brown goo at the bottom of it. "Lho, kok begini, ya," said the delivery guy, "wah, saya nggak ngerti kenapa bisa begini. Kayaknya ketiup angin, soalnya saya taruh di stang motor, jadi sausnya tumpah." No sorry, no anything, just a series of self defense. Sure, I have some patient left to spare. Didn't make a big deal out of it, took my wings, said thank you for his service, then went straight inside the house and plated my meal.

Today's lunch was twelve pieces of chicken

I was worried about if the chicken wings got soggy from the sauce, since it took very long to get delivered, but thank God they didn't. All of them was still crispy, even the ones that got soaked into the sauce, but I'm sure they can probably be crispier if I were to dine in at the restaurant.

I first tried the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings. Well fried, crispy skin, chewy meat, it was good. Unfortunately, I could hardly taste any garlic, nor parmesan. The chicken wings tasted like normal deep-fried chicken with no seasoning. They were just savory, that's it. I don't even know the tiny light yellow spots covering the surface of the chicken. If it was parmesan, it clearly didn't taste like one.

Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings

Next was the Original Chicken Wings. Crispy, sweet, savory, and it had this nutty hint from the sesame seeds on top. The crispy skin was soaked with the sauce and it was very tasty. Compared to the other chicken wings, I like this one better. Although, I had to switch flavor in between bites because the sweet sauce made me slightly nauseous when I ate it too much. But, overall, Crazy Wings' chicken wings are good. A 6 out of 10, if I may.

Original Chicken Wings


Crazy Wings
Jl. Medokan Asri Timur VII
Kali Rungkut, Kota Surabaya
Jawa Timur 60293

Opening Hours:
MON - SUN: 10AM - 9.30 PM

It's available for delivery with the Go-Jek application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment