Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Street Churros of KLIA2

The one thing I love about KLIA2 is the food they have in the terminal. Either it be at the departure terminal, or the arrival terminal, the food stalls are just plain amazing. You can get yourself a gua pao (chinnese term for steamed-bun), a yuotiao (we Indonesian are more familiar with the term cakwe), a bucket of popcorns, a dozen cans of Arizona (damn, baby, I love you), a full course meal of hainanese chicken rise from Papa Rich, and many more. A few days ago, when I was transiting from Hong Kong to Jakarta, I found this newly opened food stall at the arrival terminal: Street Churros. Thank you, Lord!

When your order is ready to be taken, your queueing number will showed up. 

My bag full of churros, yay!

Even though it was almost night, this particular booth was (thank God) not that crowded with customers. Quite a large stand, located strategically in the center of the building, you can’t missed it as it has this big shiny “Street Churros” written at the top of the food stall. Even I spotted it from a mile away. 

The churros at Street Churros are always freshly made.

Left to right: chocolate sugar coating, cinnamon coating, and salted egg coating.

My chocolate-filled churros and cream cheese-filled churros.

They have quite a wide range of food and beverages in their menu, starting from churros with fillings, to salted egg flavored churros. I didn’t get any drinks from Street Churros as I was too excited for the munchies instead. 

The whole menu of Street Churros.

I got myself a cinnamon street churros, and a couple of churros filled with chocolate and cream cheese. It only took around 15 minutes for my churros to be ready, and while I wait, I managed to shoot some frames.

The length of every churros in Street Churros is a span of a hand.

Fill 'em good!

It's overflowing with cream cheese!

My first bite was the cinnamon street churros, which tasted super delicious and crunchy and sweet. The dough is fried to perfection, golden brown in color, then coated with sugar and cinnamon on all of its’ surface. Just a simple churro, that’s it, but the flavor and the texture of the munchie is to die for. It didn’t take long before I had my last bite and continued to the next churro: the chocolate filled churro. 

The cinnamon street churro

Compared to the street churro, the churro that had fillings in it was rather larger in diameter. I think the length of the churros were all the same because I saw one of the staff, who was in charge of frying the churros, measure the dough with his hand and he was making a span. 

My chocolate-filled churro was coated with sugar and cinnamon as well, and it had a hint of chocolaty sugar on it as I took a big bite. I love how the chocolate filling was not dripping and stayed intact with the fried dough. Sweet, but also had this bitterness of a dark chocolate, and not sickening. The whole thing was bursting with delicious goodness and the fact that it was still warm made it taste even better. 

Want some? Get some!

My last item was the cream cheese filled churro, which I forgot to take picture of since I was that excited to have my last churro and I was slightly hungry at that time. It had the same presentation as the chocolate filled churro, only the filling was broken white in color. 

Savory, yet sweet. The cream cheese did not melt, even though I ate it an hour after the purchase. Plus, I put the churro inside my bag, and it didn’t get smushed by all of the things I stuffed in my bag. The texture of the churro got slightly different, a bit more airy compared to when I ate the whole thing fresh from the fryer, but it still tasted good nonetheless. 

I have a schedule to Kuala Lumpur in three days and I’ll make sure I get me and the whole crew some churros during my transit. Hopefully, I’ll have enough time. 


Street Churros
Kuala Lumpur International Airport 
Lot No. L2-104
Gateway KLIA2, Arrival Terminal

Opening Hours:
MON - SUN: 10AM - 10PM

Contact:
03-87878797

No comments:

Post a Comment