Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Breakfast with Dad

One fine morning in Bali, I hang out with my Dad. We went out to Ubud and roamed around the tourist-packed street with our motorcycle. He had been asking about what I wanted to eat now that I'm in Bali. "Pick somewhere nice to eat. You have to treat yourself for eating too much junk in Surabaya," he said. So, I did. As we were driving, I told him to follow the road that will lead us to this beautiful cafe named Watercress.

A quality time with Dad

Located on the right side of the road, a few minutes passing the famous Monkey Forest, Watercress Cafe beamed out this positive vibe that you can't miss. Very green and woody, all the seatings in this cafe are outdoors, which make us smokers able to bum a smoke after we finish our meal. And, since it was still morning, the weather is not too hot yet to dine outdoor which made the whole experience dining at Watercress Cafe even more delightful.

Dad and I shared a plate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl (which comes with a vegan option for those of you who don't consume meat and poultry). He also had a cup of black coffee to go with, while I had me a large glass of Coco-Cabana smoothie.

The portion of the dish is quite a lot for one person. 

Our Quinoa Breakfast Bowl consisted of a plate of baby spinach and coriander topping heavy slices of honey roasted pumpkin, red quinoa, and minted yogurt. Then, on the top of it, was a nicely pouched egg and some crispy kales to go with it. I made sure I got all the ingredients on my fork for my first bite. A bit messy, but manageable. 

The dish was flavorful. Even though the chef didn't use quite much element for the sauce, the individual ingredients itself was enough. There was this sweet honey flavor from the pumpkin, a sour kick from the yogurt, a fresh and juicy splash from the greens, and a bit of savory here and there from the quinoa. It was great! My Dad also liked it, despite the fact that he's somewhat skeptic about vegetables. "Wow, this tasted delicious! You picked the right dish," he said. 

Then, there was my big glass of smoothie. Green in color, with dark green dots all over the place. My smoothie was made out of pineapple, banana, dates, and coconut water. I deliberately picked the one that has banana in it because a banana can never go wrong. 

Maybe to some people the smoothie will look disgusting, but, not to me. As I took a big gulp, I was overwhelmed by how sweet and delicious the smoothie is. The banana was overpowering the other ingredients, but that's okay. Very thick texture and creamy, just how I like my smoothie to be. 

Dad's coffee and my smoothie

I very much recommend Watercress Cafe for those of you who are craving for your aesthetic needs to be fulfilled. The place itself is very cozy and Instagramable, not to mention the delicious and healthy food. They have some vegan and gluten free option for those who are on a diet, but they also have a wide variety of meat dish and local food. Enjoy!


Watercress Cafe
Jl. Monkey Fprest
Ubud, Bali

Opening Hours:
MON - SUN: 8AM - 9PM

Contact:
(+62)361 976127

No comments:

Post a Comment