Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Comforting Pappa Rich

I have safely arrived at Kuala Lumpur and the first thing that crossed my mind the minute I got off from the plane is the Hainan Fried Chicken Rice from Pappa Rich. Yum. I did a semi run through the arrival gates of KLIA2 to the immigration, then paced even more to the gateway to find me the famous Malaysian cuisine restaurant. Finally, there it is.


I know what I wanted to order, so it didn't take long for me to place them at the counter: a plate of Hainan Fried Chicken Rice, a bottle of water, and a couple of half boiled eggs. My late lunch costed me 31.90RM (around Rp115.000,00) which is a good deal because Pappa Rich serves such good comfort food for an upset stomach after a long haul. 


My set of meal comes with a bowl of soup and a small plate of sautéed bean sprouts. I immediately pour the soup onto my rice and dig in. It's a bit odd knowing myself the type of person who spoon rice and dip it into the soup, instead of the other way around, but it worked out just fine. 



The rice is well cooked, while the chicken is deep fried to perfection. Loving how the sweet rice and the savory clear soup combined, making it very delectable and flavorful. It was still warm, hence adding a plus point into the meal. The chicken, oh boy the chicken, had crispy brown skin on that goes crunch crunch crunch when you bite into it and very tender and juicy meat. On the one hand, the sautéed bean sprout was oily and slightly spicy, giving another flavor into the meal that went very well combined with the other ingredients. A spoonful of everything from the plate can really make you happy. 



The egg though, didn't taste that good if combined with the other food. I ended up finishing the egg first, then continued with my lunch. They were very runny as they were only half boiled. Dash a little pepper on it and bam! you got yourself a good old telur setengah matang like the one you usually have at a warteg (Indonesian warung, or humble eating spot, that serves food and snacks). 


Pappa Rich
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Lot No. S2-3-L05
Jl. KLIA2/1, S6400
Sepang, Selangor

Opening Hours:
MON: 9AM - 9AM
TUE - SUN: 9AM - 5PM 
(Hours might differ from time to time)

Contact:
(+62)3 8787 8280

No comments:

Post a Comment