Friday, May 26, 2017

Not Today

Today, I woke up knowing that it's going to be a shitty day. But, I'm not just going to let myself dwell on it. So, I brought myself to get out of bed, reached out to my girlfriends, gave me a long and refreshing shower, painted my nails the color of Eragon, and made myself a nice loaf of brownies.

I looked up the recipe online. After minutes of scrolling and contemplating about which recipe I should use, I finally decided to use this one. I was too lazy to measure the ingredients in grams, so I settled with cups. It took some minutes to prepare the batter then, when I'm done, I put it in the oven for about 40 minutes.

The result was fine, if I may say. It doesn't look like how brownies should look like, with its' even and cracked surface, but it was okay. I cut into it to have a tasted and it also doesn't have the texture of a brownies. Maybe I did something wrong with the batter that made it have the texture of a spongy chocolate cake but, hey, I'm down with that.

In life, sometimes, things just don't work out the way you want it to be. Even when you think you did the best you could, without making any mistakes whatsoever, shit still happens. Let alone if you do make a blunder, big or small. But, it's okay. That's just how life works.

Now, are you gonna let yourself be down in the dumps? I say, not today.


No comments:

Post a Comment