Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Comfort in Bob's Buffalo Chicken Wings

All this time, I thought my comfort food was only waffles and ice cream. Turns out, I also found comfort in chicken wings - Nanny's Pavilion's Bob's Buffalo Chicken Wings to be exact - all six pieces of them. If I had more money to spend, I would definitely go for the twelve pieces. 


It took a while for my chicken wings to be served. I'm not experienced in deep frying chicken wings before, but I don't think it takes forty minutes to serve them. Do correct me if I'm wrong. 

They came in a basket, very simple, yet still appealing. They were rather small, but meaty. I have no idea what kind of sauce the chef used to marinate the chicken wings. The menu only said, "-seasoned with Nanny's special mix of spices-" and "-tossed in a hot and tangy Buffalo-style sauce.". It almost seems like a mystery sauce to me. 


To be honest, I had a hard time to recognize the flavor of the sauce. All I could get was this mild spiciness, with a hint of sweetness here and there. The flavor was not as strong as I thought it would be. It was subtle, in a good way, and I'm into it. 

It was raining, and I have this tendency to get all sappy and mellow during rainy days, and the chicken wings were the perfect company to spend my lunch time with. Very light, very understanding, very simple, and simply comforting. 


Nanny's Pavilion
Summarecon Mall Bekasi's Ground Floor
Jl. Boulevard Ahmad Yani
Bekasi Utara, 17142

Opening Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 10AM - 10PM

Contact:
(+62)21 2957 2705
(+62)21 2957 2706

No comments:

Post a Comment