Monday, March 13, 2017

Ubud's Taco Casa

My first burrito experience was nothing near the word "disappointment". I was overwhelmed at first, by how gigantic it is for a single portion, but I managed to devour the whole thing by myself. What was unfortunate is the fact that I was too full I couldn't manage to bring myself to order some taco.



It was at Taco Casa where I had my first burrito, a small and compact mexican restaurant at Ubud. It can fill in about twenty people in one serving, but the parking lot only fits a couple of car and a motorcycle. I didn't get any spot on my first try to park at the restaurant. I ended up having to drive a lap, came back, then parked my car at the freshly empty spot.




The place was filled with people, but there were some tables that were vacant. Mom and I got ourselves a table and immediately order.

There were not much to choose from the menu since they serve the typical Mexican food, such as taco, burrito, nacho, enchiladas, fajitas, and quesadillas. But, they do serve a wide range of meat! Steak, chicken, shrimp, they have it here, and of course with different set of price as well.

I went for the Chicken Burrito, while Mom get herself a plate of Beef Enchiladas. I have no idea what enchilada is. I just surfed the web and it's said that enchiladas are basically rolled meat-filled tortilla topped with a bucketful of tomato and chilly sauce. It kind of reminds me of lasagna, but they tasted different as lasagna uses pastry, while enchilada uses corn tortilla.





You may worry that the portion will be a bit too much for you, because it was for me, but if you're a heavy eater, you can just enjoy your meal and be merry.

My 8-layer Chicken Burrito was humongous. It was! I'm not the slightest bit joking when I say that the burrito had a bigger diameter than my wrist. Filled with chicken meat, guacamole, salsa, cheese, sour cream, rice, and two types of beans, I couldn't move after I finish my burrito.




It was delicious, but I have to say that all the ingredients wrapped inside that corn tortilla didn't have the flavor explosion that I hoped it would have. There were not one special flavor that stands out from the rest, everybody was delicious in their own way, yet they didn't blend into one orgasmic flavor. It was okay for my first burrito experience, but I think I'm more of a taco kind of girl.

Since we ate so much, Mom and I decided to order something healthy and rich-in-fiber drink. She had a glass of Pure Apple Juice, while I have me some Beetroot Carrot and Celery Pure Juice. Mom's drink was sour and sweet, like how apple juice is supposed to taste like, while mine tasted painful and it reminded me of grass. Healthy shit sure do taste horrible. Pleh!




Taco Casa
Jl. Pengosekan, Ubud - Bali

Opening Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 11AM - 10PM

Contact:
+62 812 2422 2357

No comments:

Post a Comment