Monday, March 20, 2017

Back at it Again with the Brown Fox

I made my way back to Brown Fox: Waffle & Coffee last Saturday. As I waited for my films to be developed at Modern Photo, Pasar Minggu, I decided to have brunch at my all-time favorite waffle place in Jakarta Selatan. After almost a year of not paying any visit to the dessert shop, I finally got the time to do so and enjoyed my share of crispy golden brown waffle.



I got me a plate of Salted Caramel Waffle and a glass of Strawberry Lemonade. I was a bit hesitant in ordering beverages because I can get a bit stingy even to myself sometimes. I usually prefer to not drink if the beverages are overpriced and just get myself a bottle of Aqua at the nearest Indomaret I can find. But, this time, I gave the sweet and sour Strawberry Lemonade a chance.


My crispy golden brown waffle came not long after I made my order. It was very big and it looked super appetizing. Topped with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with salted caramel sauce, and sprinkled with chopped roasted almond, the dessert was truly a sight for sore eyes.

Believe me when I say that the waffle was delicious, because it truly was! I simply love the crispy and cake-like texture of the waffle. The waffle was rather heavy, but it was okay for me. At one point, the caramel sauce was too sweet for me I got nauseous from eating too much of it. But, the cold, mildly sweet, creamy, and somewhat neutral flavor vanilla ice cream helped the big bite goes down.

The Strawberry Lemonade was thirst-quenching and simply enjoyable. I could tell that they used real lemon and strawberry to make the sweet and sour beverages because there were pulps at the bottom of the plastic glass. Unfortunately, they put too much sugar in it. As the ice dissolve into the mixture, the sugar became very strong and eclipsed both the lemon and strawberry, making it tasted as if I was drinking sugared water.




Brown Fox: Waffle & Coffee
Jalan Taman margasatwa No. 9C
Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan

Opening Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 8AM - 10PM

Contact:
+62 819 9987 0041

No comments:

Post a Comment