Sunday, October 1, 2017

#32


Pretending to be okay is never easy, yet I surprised myself for being able to function today.


My Dad just got back from Guangzhou a few days ago and he brought me a bunch of manicure kit - starting from nail polishes, stamp templates, nail tape, and a whole lot of things that I don't know the name of but know how to use it because I'm a devoted worshiper of Simply Nailogical. A good self-manicure has always give me an extra boost of happiness every now and then, so I spent my last day of September painting my nails and stamping it with my brand new Konad stamping templates. Now, my nails are hella fabulous, plus I get this sense of achievement and satisfaction every time my eyes made contact with either of my fingers.

I don't usually go with soft pastel color, but this sky blue nail polish from Konad is super adorable. I paired it with some white snowflake patterns and it went straight from "cute" to "UHH-KAY CUTIE!!". Yes, that is an Arielle Vandenberg and Matt Cutshall reference because I ship them hard. #ultimatecouplegoals

I always lost my appetite when I'm troubled, but I managed to dig into SNCTRY's Coconute Breeze smoothie bowl and cold-pressed Refresh juice that I got after church. I ordered an extra scoop of chia seed to go with my smoothie bowl and it added a little kick to every spoonful that went into my mouth. 

Despite the fact that the base is made from blended red dragon fruit and banana, which to me seemed like a waste to spend Rp61.000,00 on luxury item that I can actually made by myself for free at home, SNCTRY's smoothie bowl always have a special place in my heart. Loved every topping that the crew used to top my cold dessert with, especially the banana and chia seed. To bad the coconut flakes were rather flaky.  



I also had some coffee with my Dad that only costed us Ro7.000,00 in total. Even though I usually go to Starbucks for my shot of caffeine, it's always nice to have this kind of coffee every now and then. Cheap and simple, yet it has its' own charm and deliciousness in every sips. Mine was Good Day Cappuccino, along with its' drizzle of Coco Granule on top, and Dad had his share of Kopi Kapal Api. 


The thing about being happy is that happiness itself has always been in front of you this whole time. You just have to want to see it to be able to see it. Otherwise, you're just going to dwell with your own monster in a never ending loop of "what if"s and "if only"s. 

For a starter, you might want to practice Zombieland's rule #32 - Enjoy the little things

No comments:

Post a Comment