Saturday, October 7, 2017

God Bless Subway, and My Legs


I am currently stuck in a traffic, on my way home from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, as I write this. I couldn't stop thinking about how I manage to deal with my simulator check while I was having a troubled heart. I managed to follow my logic which resulted in the passing of my series of line-oriented simulator. I could have done better though, I know it, but having an average passing mark is a fine baby step for the upcoming trials ahead. 

I finished my line-oriented simulator at 10 AM today. After pulling an almost all-nighter, because I was stressing out thinking about the exercises, I managed to do well on my one-engine takeoff. I didn't do well on my landing though, it's always been my problem since I was enrolled in STPI, but I passed anyway. 


The moment I got back to the hotel, I packed my stuff, took a nice long hot shower, checked out by the time the electricity of my room got cut off, and headed to the airport to check in. I got me a window seat at 19F, which was nice. After checking in and printing my boarding pass, I spend the remaining time that I had before the gate to my plane was open, so I spend it all at Subway. God bless Subway. 


Kuala Lumpur has Subways in its' airport, two substations of it at the departure building and at the arrival building. We don't have Subway here in Indonesia, which makes me love Kuala Lumpur just a little bit more than I love my home country. 

The moment I arrived at Kuala Lumpur a few days ago, I immediately went to the famous sandwich place to get me a custom foot-long. I always go for the Honey Oats bread because I like my food sweet. I don't like vegetables on my sandwich so I had none of that and stuck with the meat instead. I got the chicken slices and turkey slices, topped with some cheese, added some extra black pepper-mayo diced chicken meat, then finished it off with a thick line of thousand island sauce. Grilled, sliced, wrapped, and voila! I got me my lunch and dinner for the day. 

Since it was my last day at Kuala Lumpur today, I decided to wrap the show with Subway again. The line was pretty long as it was approximately lunch time, and I hadn't eat any food since last night, so I got pretty dizzy by just standing there among the crowd. I had to park my ass on my luggage to avoid getting collapsed. I really don't function well when I'm hungry. 



I got a complete meal that consisted of a 6-inch sandwich, a couple of cookies of my choice, and a glass of cold beverage. It costed 25.35RM and, boy, was it a good deal!

Like always, I go for the Honey Oats buns. I wasn't being picky today, so I just went for what caught my attention at first, which is the Steak and Cheese filling. And of course, I need to get some extra slices of meat, hence I added some turkey slices in it. Grilled to perfection, topped with a thin line of thousand island sauce and honey mustard sauce, and lunch was served. 

As for the cookies, I went for the White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies that seemed like the most appealing compared to the other basic cookies. As the staff handed me my food, they also gave me a plastic cup to be filled with the choice of cold beverages that they have in stock. I was amazed by the fact that they use a self-service system regarding the beverages, I mean, if I were evil enough I would just refill the hell out of that cup. 

Or, maybe, it is refillable and I'm just being kampungan? (Sengotot itu pake kata "kampungan" gara-gara nggak tau bahasa inggrisnya apa. Yang pasti bukan "villagers" oke, Git, Ngel?) 


I spend my afternoon munching on sandwich at Subway while catching up on my daily comedy of Webtoon. I was reading the Terlalu Tampan comic by the dynamic duo, Avisiena and Savenia. It cracked me up so much I was laughing by myself at the corner of the sandwich booth. Man, I miss having a quality time with myself. 


After I finished my lunch, I rushed to the immigration to get my passport stamped and I was unlucky as it had long lines at every booth that were available. I had to spend almost more than half an hour waiting in line. Finally, after I passed through it, I dashed to my gate as it was only five minutes left before it closes at that time and, to my surprise, the flight ended up getting retimed for an hour. I bet my legs will feel pretty sore tomorrow after all that running at the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment