Thursday, June 1, 2017

Mom's Breakfast Buns

It was around 7 in the morning, just as the sun ray peeked through the window, when I accidentally woke up from my slumber. I was planning on having three more hours of sleep, but a deal is a deal: the moment I wake up, I am not going to put myself to sleep again.


My eyes were still half closed, my voice was rough, and I couldn't even walk properly. Mom was surprised by the fact that I woke up THAT early. She is used with having me waking up an hour past mid noon. "Lho, kok tumben jam segini udah bangun," she said, "mau ke mana?" which then I replied with a, "Mau sarapan yang enak, Tie." 

So, Mom made me these light and savory breakfast buns. Using the leftover burger buns from the fridge, that were about to expire, she toasted them and topped them with bacon, scrambled eggs, and melted cheese. Boy, it was a sight that made my eyes popped in the early morning.

I finished three buns and they were awesome! But, I do think they were missing a cherry on top: a nice drizzle of sweet and sticky maple syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment