Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sushi Ya

My two best friends and I were going to visit Magnum Cafe today, but due to some unfortunate events we decided to change our destination. The nearest dining place at that time were TIS Square, an area at Tebet where you can find numerous food joints and bistro. Without any ado, we hopped into a cab and made our way to TIS Square. 

Sushi-Ya


You can find lots of restaurants and cafes at TIS Square - such as H.E.M.A., Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Steak 21, PHO 24, and Dunkin' Donuts. Sushi-Ya was our choice of restaurant. We entered the restaurant, rest our bottoms, and immediately ordered some Japanese dishes. Dila ordered herself a plate of Shrimp Tempura Roll, while Icha and I had some Salmon Sushi. Then, for the main course, Icha and I ordered the same dish, which was Teriyaki Salmon. Dila, on the other hand, had a couple sticks of Yakitori. 

Dila's Shrimp Tempura Roll

Icha's Salmon Roll

My Salmon Sushi was chubby and enjoyable! The chef was very generous with the amount of the rice that he used to make the sushi. Most sushi bar would just use a small amount of it, but not at Sushi-Ya. Topped with a thin slice of fresh salmon that tasted sweet and delicious, the rice was glutinous and sweeter compared to other sushi bars. This particular sushi costs approximately Rp12.000,00.

Two Salmon Sushi of mine

Dila's Yakitori

After I finished my Salmon Sushi, I proceed to consume my Teriyaki Salmon platter. Served with juicy and crisp salad and a bowl of warm rice, this dish costs Rp60.000,00. The salmon was nicely grilled, it was well done, just the way I like it. It tasted sweet and savory, but mostly sweet from the Teriyaki sauce. This dish tasted beyond delicious! I think it was clearly shown on my face because, at one point, Dila said, "Kin, your face.. it's like as if you're in ecstasy.". 

I managed to finish my plate of Teriyaki Salmon - the rice, the juicy salad, the kyuri roll, and the fish itself were wiped out - and I could actually settle for another plate if I didn't have breakfast beforehand. Icha couldn't finish hers because she was too full. 

Teriyaki Salmon that came with crisp salad and a bowl of rice

My bowl of warm and slightly sweet rice

I was stuffed, but my dessert stomach was empty. I quickly browse through the menu and select a dish from the Dessert section. Tutty Fruity Ice Cream was the one that caught my attention. It costs Rp18.000,00 per portion, consisted of a scoop of Vanilla ice cream, strawberries, slices of peach, and honey-coated corn-flakes. I fancy the combination of the ice cream and the peach the most!

Tutty Fruity Ice Cream for dessert

It felt so good to be reunited with good friends, especially when there were good food around! We chatted and ate. We took pictures and videos. The only thing missing was.. my wallet. I forgot to put it my wallet inside my bag, leaving me with not more than Rp6.000,00 that I accidently found in my jeans' pocket. Can you imagine the inconvenient of not having money to pay your dishes with when you were the one who ate the most, hence has to pay the most? But then, came Dila to the rescue! She was very nice for letting me borrow her money to pay my lunch, otherwise I would have obliged to stay back at the restaurant to do some dishwashing. Long story short, this afternoon was great!


TIS Square
Sushi -Ya 
Jalan Letnan Jendral MT. Haryono No. 9
Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta 12810

No comments:

Post a Comment