Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Telur Asin Sedap Rasa

Today, I received a souvenir from my classmate named Dhedy. It was a box of salted duck eggs originated from his hometown back in Sidoarjo. Telur Asin Sedap Rasa, its' name is, produced by a man named Khoiron at Desa Kebonsari, or Kebonsari Village. 

Telur Asin Sedap Rasa

Care for some eggs?

The salted eggs were different compared to any other salted eggs I have ever eaten in my life. Instead of the usual bright blue color, the color of the egg shell was brownish black; and they were slightly bigger. The eggs were smothered in salt and was smoked, hence the burnt shell producing the dark color. You can even smell the familiar scent of charcoal sticking on them. 

I crack open an egg and was welcomed with a broken white color of the egg white and bright orange yolk in the middle. Like any other salted eggs, the texture of the eggs were very firm, gelatin-like, and very rubbery. The texture of the egg white was less firm than the yolk, yet both are slightly crumbly. 

I shared the duck eggs with my dorm mates, Gita and Ambar, and we finished the whole thing in just 15 minutes. Every bite of the egg was heaven on earth! They didn't tasted as salty as regular salted eggs do, which was nice and enjoyable for a person who's just not that into salty food like me. I just love how the thick yolk would stick onto your teeth as you chew it. Those eggs tasted so good. Too good we ended up devouring all of it instead of saving them for later. 

Don't get fooled by their covers

The yolk is the best part


P.S. Dhedy, if you're reading this, thanks a lot for the eggs. They were overwhelmingly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment