Friday, September 15, 2017

Bits of KLIA2

My trip to Malaysia got me searching the web on how to forget bad memories. It may not be the worst memory I can recall, but it definitely is one of them. I found an article on WikiHow that made me feel somewhat supported by its' step-by-step ways on how to banish the unwanted bad memories and reducing the anxiety I'm having every time it knocks on my door. One of the ways says, "Focus on happier memories" so that's what I'm doing now.


It was last week when I went to Malaysia, departed on the 7th and got back to Indonesian on the 11th. I wasn't on a vacation, instead a full day of SEP Training and a set of ZFTT simulator that started in the middle of the night and lasted for four hours straight. To be honest, I enjoy the new experiences, but it was dreadful to say the least. I managed to survive and found bits and bobs that flicker a light inside this my black void of mine. So emo, I can't handle myself.

I stayed at Tune Hotel, accompanied by my Mom, and didn't travel far for food. We ate mostly at KLIA2, depending on the chains of fast food restaurants and groceries that provide food that we were familiar with. It varied from Burger King's crispy fried chicken, Paparich's Nasi Hainam with Ayam Goreng, Aunty Anne's Cheese Pretzel Dog, to imported grocery snacks such as Pop Tarts, Cheetos, Arizona, and Milo Cubes.

I bought a couple bag of Milo Cubes at Jaya Grocery for less than RM10. Each bag is filled with fifty cubes of compressed Milo powder, which confuse me on why this snack is highly demanded in Jakarta when it's just a regular Milo with different shape.



I was exited when I stumbled upon Arizona Green Tea on the beverage aisle. I am used of seeing this fancy canned drink on Tumblr posts and could only imagine how the drink taste like, until last week.

A can of Arizona Green Tea costed approximately RM5.50 and I finally bought one on my second day after contemplating on how expensive it was. It was an okay deal though because the can was large, 600-something mL in volume.

I was in doubt about the flavor of the green tea as it contains ginseng and honey. The honey was fine, but it was the ginseng that I wasn't sure of. I don't think I have tried ginseng before, hence I'm not familiar with the flavor at all. I had my expectation regarding the taste of the beverage, but as I open the can and took a sip of it, turns out it didn't taste like how I thought it would be. Not in a bad way, but somewhat good, a bit in the middle, and rather okay. It tasted odd at first, but then it became good after the next few gulps. I ended up finishing the whole thing on the next day.



On my last day, Mom took me on a train ride to Putrajaya to meet some friends of our family. We met up at the train station, where we got picked up and drove to this dining place near their house that serves Roti Canai. I was full at that moment, as I had my share of Aunty Anne's Cheese Pretzel Dog earlier, but I ended up digging most of Mom's plate of Roti Canai. It was thin and savory, filled with eggs and cheese, and accompanied with a not-so-generous portion of spicy chicken curry. I usually prefer my Roti Canai with sweet condensed milk, or sugar, but this one was exceptionally good.



A couple of the last few things I had on my last day was a Baskin Robbin's Junior Double Scoop ice cream, that consisted of Maui Brownies and Caramel Turtle Truffle, and a small bag full of Garrett's butter popcorn. I used to think that there is nothing an ice cream can't fix, but I stand corrected. Ice cream may not be able to fix everything, but it sure can give us a wee bit of happiness in our hearts during hard times. 



And that's the end of it. 


1 comment:

  1. Vitamin B1, C, and caffeine in green tea can promote gastric secretion and help digestion and fat elimination. The catechins in green tea have the effects of anti-oxidation, increase metabolism, and scavenge free radicals. It can activate protein kinase and triglyceride lipase through many actions to reduce the accumulation of fat cells, thus achieving weight loss. Therefore, drinking green tea often can achieve the effect of accelerating fat consumption and strengthening healthy weight loss.
    Green tea weight loss in 1 month

    ReplyDelete